Cute stuff they do
Lately, Margaret has been discovering random freckles on her body. She calls them "frinkles" and gets very excited every time she finds one. I can't bear to correct her, because it's so adorable.
Henry has become quite the tattletale, despite his inability to talk. When the video ends, or if commercials come on, or if his sister does something he doesn't like, he comes up to me, raises his arm across his neck to point over his shoulder, and says "uh?" I try to determine the problem, and he takes my hand and leads me to the location of the infraction. I guess he doesn't need to learn to talk, since he seems to be getting his point across.
Have I mentioned that he sings in the morning? Since he wakes up at 5:30 am and I am NOT interested in being awake then, I put him in bed with me to nurse, which usually gains me an additional 30 minutes of sleep (only occasionally will he go back to sleep). Then he sits up, leans over and kisses my cheek, and usually starts singing. Often the song involves clapping or other hand motions, different notes and volumes, and almost always a recognizable rhythm, even if the words are not understandable (but he seems to understand himself). This morning, he was singing a song about me, apparently, because every other word was "mam." It's really the most adorable thing ever, and keeps me from being really grumpy about being awake so early. Then we get up when I decide that the singing is probably too disturbing for Wes, and he usually goes straight to his room to put on his shoes. He really loves those shoes. Green crocs, the shoe choice of Henry.



1 Comments:
Posts like these make my ovaries ache. How sweet.
Post a Comment
<< Home