School dropoff
So the first day that both kids are in school went great so far~Margaret had 3 things for her show and tell (things beginning with the letter L). She brought a letter she "wrote" for her teachers, her lamb puppet, and a picture of her as a baby with our dog Lucy. She went happily into her class with no whining or tears (unlike Monday, which was a difficult separation).
Henry also went happily. He was carrying another copy of a different pose of the baby-Margaret-and-Lucy picture and showed it to his teacher, Miss Michelle, then hugged her. She picked him up and he draped himself over her shoulder. I said goodbye and headed out the door. He didn't cry while I was there, nor did he reach for me. Hooray!
This is the first day I've had to do things around the house all by myself since Henry was born. I've already organized my Sunday School binder, bought groceries, tidied up the kitchen, and made several phone calls (for appointments, mostly). Now I need to keep at it, since I need to pick them up in two hours.



2 Comments:
Last fall, I found the first few weeks of kid-free days really nerve-wracking. I worried about how they were doing. I didn't know how to organize my time. My stomach was in knots as pick-up time approached. I was a wreck.
But by the summer, I was so used to having whole days of uninterrupted thoughts and non-fast-food lunches that I was kind of miserable having the kids back at home and underfoot. Currently, with Archer having started school back this week, and Cady Gray starting a new school next week, I'm feeling a little anxious again.
But I know it's going to be awesome by the end of September.
-Noel.
I can not believe that they are both in school already. BTW, I am still waiting for the story on this sunday school thing.
Post a Comment
<< Home