Henry's language development
If you were to cruise backwards to the beginning of this blog, you'd see various posts chronicling Margaret's sprint toward using words. Now that I read over it, she really had only a few more words than Henry has now, but it did seem that her language exploded soon after this age, so we'll see. Henry this morning brought me Dr. Seuss's The Foot Book to read several times, so when he brought it to me again just after breakfast, I didn't think anything of it. But this time, he kept returning to the page that says, "Wet Foot, Dry Foot." Then he kept pointing to the picture of the wet foot. I responded with, "yes, his foot is wet. It's in the water." At which point, Henry said, "Yeah!" and again pointed to the picture. I asked him if he wanted some water, and he said yeah. So I got him a drink, and immediately got the Baby Signs book out and taught him the sign for water, milk, and drink. I guess I've gotten slack about teaching signs, but clearly Henry figured out a way to get what he wanted. I'm very impressed with his ability to remember that there was a page with water on it.
Right now the kids are going into Margaret's room, probably to jump on the bed, or to have a dance party. Henry wants to terrify me when they are on the bed by grabbing Margaret and pulling her down on top of him. I'm afraid they'll both tumble off the bed, or he'll slam his head into the headboard or the nightstand....well, it looks like they're doing the dance party, so I guess I can rest easy for now. I need to convince M to go to the park so we can get some exercise. A weekend in the car didn't give us much of that. More on that later.....



1 Comments:
That foot book thing is crazy clever. I know very little of this baby signing thing, but it seems ingenious.
Post a Comment
<< Home