random stuff
Our garden isn't doing terribly well, probably because I lazily didn't prepare the rocky, clay filled soil well enough. But after transplanting our tomato plant to a big pot, we got two little cherry tomatoes welcoming us home from vacation. They ripened last week and we ate them. There's one more on there now, so I'll count that as a tiny success.
The top hat blueberries I bought aren't dead, and the geranium is hanging on, but everything else seems to have given up the ghost. We did find one little sunflower sprout yesterday after being planted months ago, but it will probably do what the other 2 sprouts did and grow only until the roots hit the clay and then die. Next year, I'll either till up the soil farther down or build some boxes instead.
I got some sweet dresses at the thrift store a few weeks ago, when the store near us was having a 50% off day. Margaret was with me when I saw the sign, so we went in and did the whole girl trying on dresses thing. It was fun, AND I found 3 super summer dresses, one for a wedding next month, one for my 20-year high school reunion, and another one just for whenever (I wore it to church last week). I never get that lucky at the thrift store. I also got a scarf to be used for a swimsuit coverup. The price for this entire haul? $17. Yes indeedy, it was a good shopping day.
I also managed to get $15/day car rental for our trip to this wedding, although the plane tickets were more than I wanted to pay. But, the car almost makes up for it. Thank you priceline. I found what seems to be a really nice hotel near the airport for only about $10 more per night than the less nice ones, so I'm hoping that in addition to the wedding fun, Wes and I will get to sleep all night long (past 5:30 am!) in a big comfy bed and lie by the pool all day long. My mom is going to stay with the kids, and I am ready for the break. Ahhhh, sleep.



3 Comments:
Which can rental company did you use?
-michelle
Have fun at the wedding shindig.
It's amazing that after you have children, just the vague idea of spending several days in mid-American city in a big, comfy bed in a hermetically sealed hotel room, punctuated with trips to the hotel pool is like...well it inspires the same "wow" factor as the idea of a trip to some 5-star resort in the Caribbean.
Hope Wes is feeling better, too. And keep us up to date on Pox Watch '07.
I bid on it through Priceline, and it ended up being through Hertz, but I wasn't able to get anywhere near that price on the Hertz site (closer to $40 a day, I think).
Post a Comment
<< Home