Tuesday, March 23, 2010

SAHM stuff

I'm thinking of ditching the substitute gig next year and seeing if I can find some kids to watch after school for money instead.

Pros:
- stop paying someone else to watch my kids after school
- guaranteed money each week to pay off my credit cards instead of the sporadic sub calls
- no gas to get to work (I currently drive 20 miles each way to sub)
- no disrespectful 7th graders
- leaves my days open to volunteer at school or plan the ICAN conference.

Cons:
- possibly losing my school contacts? Would one year away do that? What about my resume?
- what if I hate the kids?
- will miss out on a few dinners with the in-laws, no doubt (about 2x a year, some relatives visit my in-laws for a few days only on the weekdays and we usually go down to visit and have dinner one of the nights they are in town...I couldn't drive an hour for dinner if I had kids at my house until 6).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home