Friday
Yesterday, I was making dinner and got out a chunk of ginger to grate into the sauce (Thai coconut chicken!). Henry wanted to watch, and he climbed up on the chair to watch and said, "oh, you're just getting the ginger." I cannot remember ever grating ginger in front of him, or even showing him fresh ginger. MAYBE he was with me when I bought it? But seriously, how on earth is he so blase about it, "oh, it's just ginger" as if I do this every day. Usually I use ground ginger from a can, so I can't imagine how he got so smart.
The weather was gorgeous today. And I didn't feel like I had been run over like a truck, which is how I felt yesterday. Allergies? Cold? Combination of the two? I don't know. But I was starting to miss the freezing cold weather we had this year. But today I felt good. Good enough to go on Margaret's field trip to the Botanical Gardens, clean the bathroom, do some laundry, work out to Jillian Michaels, and have a dance party with the kids after that. So yeah, I feel better. Yesterday I took a nap and watched The Office, spent some time on Facebook, and that's pretty much all. It's amazing what a difference a headache can make.
Kids' favorite songs during Dance Party? C&C Music Factory's Gonna Make You Sweat, and the Numa Numa song of course.
At the Botanical Gardens today I was reminded of my inability to differentiate boys from each other. I had 5 kids in my charge, 2 of whom were my own children, and 2 other kids, and one kid I kept calling him a totally different kid's name. I swear, I cannot tell boys apart. What is wrong with me? Luckily, I seem to be able to distinguish my kid from all other boys. So far.
Margaret came home with her report card, a flyer for an upcoming citywide event (featuring the Mayor) to combat childhood obesity, and another flyer advertising a free Krispy Kreme donut for every A on your report card. Am I the only one who sees the irony in this? Honestly, WHY is the school advertising for Krispy Kreme? And why must they reward kids with food (and junk food at that) for good grades? I think I'm going to write an email to the principal. The juxtaposition of the two flyers was too much for me.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home