Kid Stuff
I was supposed to get the kids up early to get used to waking early for school next week, but I didn't have the heart, so they just woke up and are watching PBS. We have errands to run, so I'm going to start getting them ready in a minute. I am really going to miss summer.
I bought school supplies last week, including a new backpack and lunch bag for Margaret. They wanted her to have a full sized backpack for big library books, so it looks enormous on her. I then ordered a couple of patches to put on them so they don't get mixed up with anyone else's stuff: http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=18205716
We got a book at the library last week that I realized I used to have as a kid. I only remembered when I started reading it. It was Old Hat, New Hat by Stan and Jan Berenstain. I had recently disparaged the Berenstain Bears books, mostly because I find many of the newer ones really preachy and annoying. But Old Hat, New Hat is fantastic! Henry can already "read" it so me, and he laughs with gusto at "silly hat." Fabulous!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home