Wednesday, July 01, 2009

July update

Do all my posts start with an excuse about why I don't post more? They should.

Yesterday started out as one of those days I'm really glad to be a stay at home mom. In the exhaustion, fear of losing myself, and lack of stimulating conversation, there are bright spots. ; ) We started out walking to Waffle House with me pushing the double stroller, which is really good exercise when there are 70 pounds of kid in there. I know my kids don't really need to ride, but I don't want to try to cross the city streets without them contained, and Henry would just make me carry him home, so I brought the stroller. We had a lovely breakfast where we saw our neighbor (twice...once as we passed his house on the way there, then at WH). On the way home, we stopped to watch a digger machine digging a ditch for the water company. Then we read some books. Later I made them go to IKEA and Target because I wanted to get some big kid cups so that we can begin phasing out the sippy cups and also for a toy car for Henry to reward him for using the potty last week. Neither kid wanted to leave the house again, Henry refused to use the potty again, and they whined all the way through both stores. M did go into the Smalland play area which she has always wanted to do but was too afraid to. She's getting so brave and grown up! In general a good day, although the first part was much better.

We went to Athfest last weekend, and it was sooooo hot. I think it will be a long time before we do that again. We hardly saw any bands, Henry passed out before his lunch got to the table, and we spent a lot of time trying to escape the heat. Margaret did do some sort of big jumping ride (the kids are strapped into bungee cords and they jump on a trampoline), we ate at the Grit and we got to see the new Tate Center, so it had some good points. I miss Athens a lot, but we do have a great life here. Next year maybe I'll take them to a local festival with music, one that is in a park instead of on asphalt. Our neighborhood festival is pretty fun, but it's a lot smaller.

I'm the new Conference Director for the International Cesarean Awareness Network, which means I now officially have too much to do, hence the lack of online time. I hope I can live up to everyone's very kind expectations. I'm a little worried about it. At least I'll have 2 kids in school part time (H is going 2x a week to preschool) in the fall so I'll have a tiny bit more time. Today both kids are at the grandparents' house, so I'm filing, organizing, and finishing tasks. Time to head off to the store and to drop off some donations...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home