Sunday, March 08, 2009

Busy weekend and funny Henryism


Crazy busy weekend. Thursday, Henry found my DVD of Star Wars and insisted that we watch it. I have been holding out on watching it with the kids, because, you know, it's kinda violent, and Darth Vader is kinda scary. But he wouldn't give it up, and since SW is my favorite movie of all time, I am weak. So we decided to have movie night on Friday and watch Star Wars. But first, I picked Margaret up from school and we all went to the zoo to enjoy the fabulous weather. We got to see the new baby panda (Cute!) and enjoyed the petting zoo and pretzels. Friday afternoon, I decided we also needed to see the circus before it left town, so I bought tickets for Saturday. By the time we got home from the zoo, I spiked a fever. So I spent movie night on the couch, shivering under a blanket, watching Star Wars with my kids. There was a lot of questioning, which drove Wes crazy, but less than I expected. Luckily, I know all the dialogue.

The next morning, I had an ICAN meeting, and made it, with the help of some ibuprofen. I was feverish again when it wore off, but more ibuprofen helped me get through the circus, which was a world of fun. I'm not sure who loved it more, the kids or me. It was great fun, with trapeze artists, a tightrope walker, and a guy who balanced urns on his head. I LOVED it.

I spent the whole night feverish, and hardly slept between 3 and 5 for some reason, so I bailed out on Sunday School this morning and just sent the project in with Wes (I had already warned my co-teacher that this might happen). I'm really weak and tired now, but not feverish, so maybe it's over? My throat is killing me. I'm assuming it's the flu, since Margaret actually tested positive for flu earlier this week and had essentially the same thing: fever. So anyway, I'm still in my pajamas, and Wes is doing most of the heavy kid duty today, although I just watched Lost and Shaun the Sheep with them. Yeah, they probably shouldn't watch Lost, but since there was really no way of them understanding what was going on, I decided I probably didn't care today. Good grief, I barely understand what's going on on Lost. Margaret kept asking what was happening and I told her there was no way I could answer that.

I need to do the neighborhood newsletter today, which I needed to do Friday but got sick before I could do it. Our neighborhood president just called to say he needed to add something to it, so I guess it's good that I didn't finish it yet. I need to do less volunteering.

Here's something funny that Henry said last month, after his 3-year doctor's appointment. There was much crying and drama over getting a shot, and then getting blood drawn from his finger for the lead and iron testing, so lots of tears, screaming, etc. But when he told Margaret about it later, he said, "They poked me, and then we goed." At least it's good to know all the crying wasn't traumatic in the long term! And hey, there was a lollipop at the end! It still cracks me up to think of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home