Inauguration
My good friend Gretchen came over with her boys to watch the inauguration with us, and Margaret stayed home from school. There were several moments when we couldn't hear the ceremony over the din of kids, but we did get to hear the main portion (although Gus demanded to use the potty as Obama rose to take the oath!). Margaret forgot to get out her confetti, but everyone enjoyed it, and we had a great time with friends.
And yesterday morning, I heard them say on the news, "today, the President plans to issue new executive orders" and my heart jumped, because I wasn't afraid of what they would say! And the word "President" didn't cause me to tune out! Hooray!!
I know others have compared Yes We Can to Bob the Builder, but really, the Bob the Builder tune is always in my head lately. "Can we fix it? YES WE CAN!"
Aaaaaahhhhhh. Breathing a sigh of relief. Now the hard work begins. A new era of responsibility. I hope we're ready.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home