Friday, April 10, 2009

Cold Turkey

We are trying to save money and come in under budget every month, so we canceled our Dish service today. We've been talking about it for a few months, and I was supposed to call last week, and then I forgot, and left town to visit my folks for several days, and today Wes accused me of delaying because of a fear of letting go. So I called and said to cancel immediately, and it was immediate. *sigh* We can't even watch anything on the DVR. I know I'll get used to it, but I wish I'd waited until Wes had figured out the tv-to-computer connection he had planned. Instead of watching tv right now, he's fiddling with the computer and trying to get it to show on the tv (which we've done before, but for some reason it won't work). I keep telling him to stop and deal with it tomorrow and we can watch something on my laptop, but that's not who he is.

I already miss my DVR. But if we save our money from paying for the DISH for a few months, then we'll be able to afford to pay for a fancy TiVO DVR that will work with our regular antenna. It's just sad right now. I'm sure I'll be even sadder in the morning when the kids ask to watch the Backyardigans and all I have to offer is PBS and Thomas the Train. Luckily, we can get kids tv shows on Netflix. But....*sigh*.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home