Ridiculous day
So I'm still recovering from our fun, yet exhaustingly busy beach vacation last week, and today proves that my brain is still hoping to be on the shore.
This morning was the first day I had plans to meet with my friend to go walking. We did this last summer, and we've been bemoaning the slackness of ourselves for being so slobby and inactive since then. So I finally get out of the house about 5 minutes after I'm supposed to already be there, and I get 3 blocks away from the house and think, "did I lock the door?" I do this all the time, and about half the time, I don't go back. But today I did, and sure enough, not only had I not locked the door, but it was standing wide open! I didn't even close the door!
OK, so I finally get to the park, and we have a nice walk. Afterward we let the kids play on the playground. She leaves early because her kid needs a nap, and we stay another half hour or so. We walk to the car, only to discover that my keys are not in my purse. Turns out, they're inside the (locked) car. Fabulous.
I call my friend Anne who works near the park (on her second day of work there) and no answer on her cell. I don't know her office number yet. So I assess my options. My walking friend has likely just put her child down for a nap, and while I imagine she would put the baby in the car and come get us (she's a really good friend), I don't want to ask her to do that. So I'm prepared to walk anyway, so I decide to walk home. It's about 4 miles. Luckily, about a mile in, Anne calls and offers to drive us home. We don't have car seats for the kids, but despite my passionate car seat addiction, I let my kids be belted into the back seat shoulder belts and we drive to our house, get the spare keys, and drive back to the car. Then I drove to Waffle House because I had promised the kids we could have Waffle House for lunch, and they each silently finished off a whole waffle (well, Henry left me a few bites of his). They were so good and didn't complain the entire time, but they were clearly very hungry.
So that was my adventure. Now I need to upload beach pictures to show off how much fun we had. *sigh* I hate when it's over. I am definitely glad that today is almost over though.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home