Monday debacle
On Monday morning, as I got to the car to haul Margaret to school, I realized that Wes had gone to work with Henry's carseat in his car. So I took her to school via bus/train/bus and it took a phenomenally long time because we kept getting everywhere just a few minutes too late and had to wait a long time for the next bus or train. And I couldn't find my bus pass, so I had to buy another one. Henry and I missed his music class, too, and I didn't have enough battery in my phone to call his teacher to cancel. It was quite a morning!
But then, H and I ended up spending some time at Target buying him a bathing suit and new pajamas, and taking a long walk to the train station so he could pick wildflowers and stomp in puddles on the way, so it was more fun than it sounds. And Wes came home early so I could pick Margaret up in the car instead of fighting MARTA again. It wasn't actually as bad as it sounds, but I can say I don't want to spend 2 hours getting my kid to school again. And that was just one way!
It wasn't so bad that we didn't use public transit again to go to the aquarium yesterday. I found my original bus pass, so that was good. While on the bus, I noticed another bus that might actually get us closer to the aquarium than the route I've been taking, and if I could be closer to where I wanted to be, I wouldn't have to haul the stroller on the bus and train like I've been doing. So huzzah! Next time will be a lot easier.
Poor Henry fell asleep on both homebound bus trips, at almost exactly the same place.
Final lesson learned from my public transit week: don't let kids wear Crocs on the bus. Henry's shoe kept falling off while I was carrying him on or off the bus. Luckily, Margaret saved the day by picking up shoes and carrying her own cup of water. That girl rocks!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home