Feburary Update
Let's see...we've all had pink eye, which earned us a week in isolation. Wes and I got something mildly resembling the flu, luckily not simultaneously. My darling boy turned 2 and started talking up a storm. Now it's March and Wes is in China for 2 weeks, so I'm solo parenting, which I'm NOT good at. Luckily, my plan to wear the children out every day so that they will fall asleep easier is working so far. I have every day filled this week with activities, partly for them, and partly so I don't go insane with no one to talk to.
On Sunday, I walked in the Hunger Walk, which was fun. I pushed both kids in the double stroller and Henry conked out the entire time. Margaret actually walked some of it, in her fabulous dress and heels. She's way more stylish than me.
Also on Sunday, Henry stuck his hands down his diaper and came up with what appeared to be muddy hands, but not mud. I did manage to get him inside and cleaned up with no poop getting on anything else other than kid and clothes. But yuck.
Henry's speech has really exploded, which is great, but I really am starting to miss his more babyish words. He used to say "buice" for spoon, and "pooh wa-wa" for his Winnie the Pooh cup of water. Now he says "poon" and "pooh watee" which are still babyish, but not as adorably individual as the previous. I'm also fascinated to listen to him learn the language. I find it really intriguing that he can't say giraffe with the soft "gee" sound, but instead says "gaffe" with the hard "g". It's odd, since he clearly doesn't know that the letter G has a hard and a soft sound, but yet he's using the one that is easier. I know, our alphabet and language is partly developed based on the sounds that go together linguistically (or at least it was originally), but it's still really interesting to hear it happen. At least it is to me. I might be a language geek.
Some other things he still says that are adorable are "rentens" for sandwich, "bella" for umbrella, "cackee" for cracker, "die" for star, and "Ya!" whenever you agree with him about something he's said. His "oh YE-AH!" is really precious to me. I need to spend more time recording his speech before it's oh-so-normal, but of course Wes took the camera to China. I guess I need to find someone to film him just going about his day so we can capture these little things. Say it with me, "they grow up too fast!"



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home