Feminism, birthing and the consumer
I can't write on this topic any more coherently than it is right here: http://ican-online.org/community/blogs/advocacy/wont-play-nice-anymore-part-2
It's long, but I loved it. I ask you, why would a group of mothers not be a valid voice in maternity care? Are we not the consumers of said "care"?



2 Comments:
Did you get that article I emailed from Time Magazine about women chosing C-sections being a lifestyle choice or new norm or whatever?
I did. The problems I have with that article are so many, I just don't have the energy to respond at length. I'm sure the woman in the article did see some traumatic vaginal births, since so much of what is done to women in hospitals actually causes trauma. There's no mention at all of the myriad real risks of cesareans. But this blog responds pretty well: http://ican-online.org/community/blogs/shannon-mitchell/time-magazine-gets-it-so-incredibly-wrong
*sigh*
Post a Comment
<< Home