I'm back!!
If you've met me in real life, you may know that I'm well known for having strong opinions about well, everything. Ok, let's say it...I hate lots of things. My motto has been "I hate everything except those things I don't hate." But, becoming a mom seems to have muddied my opinions. I have been having a difficult time lately making true judgments on random things encountered in pop culture. frghkrs
The other day, I was on the computer or something, not really paying much attention to my surroundings, and I heard a song on the radio I'd heard a million times before. I hadn't really thought much of the song before, or developed an opinion on it, which in the past would have been unheard of, but in recent years is par for the course. Suddenly, halfway through the song, I said out loud, "I HATE this song. It's awful!" So have no fear, universe...my hatred is back. All is right with the world. Or something. It's good to be back.
I'm sure it's dangerous to say I hate something, because it will take my kids .02 seconds to decide that they love that very thing (take, for instance, Margaret's recent fascination with Barbie - "There are TWELVE dancing princesses, Mommy!"). Stay tuned to see how my newly rediscovered sense of hate will clash with my kids burgeoning sense of selves.



1 Comments:
The twelve dancing princesses are not right. Who spawns 12 daughters?! No wonder the Queen died. We rented that one and after a week of flirting with Derek the cobbler and that horrible monkey cackling and the evil Duchess Rowena, I was so relieved to take it back to the store. HERE. Take your creepy, plastic, animated princesses. I don't plan to indulge further in watching Barbie's acting endeavors in Barbie Fairytopia.
Post a Comment
<< Home