Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Score!

On Monday we took a walk to the grocery store. I put Henry in the stroller and made Margaret walk because she was literally jumping off of everything in the house and needed some exercise. But of course, halfway to the store, she complained that her legs hurt, etc. so she wanted me to carry her. I stopped at the thrift store on the way to see if they had any little kid mittens (Margaret lost one of hers) and like magic, they had a double stroller for only $25. I wheeled M around the store in it and it seemed easy to drive, even though it looked rough (pretty dirty, a little mold on the baskets, and a ripped awning). But it worked great, and I bought it. Not wanting to try to drive two strollers home, I left it there and went back for it yesterday. We just came back from a walk in it, and it works great! It's heavy to carry back up to the porch, but not heavy to push. Hooray!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose I need to get one of those. My kid just and I mean JUST started talking about riding in the stroller. Her whole life, she's refused to do it. All the sudden, if she sees one, she wants to ride in it.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Oh yeah, mine too. I spent her entire babyhood slinging her because she refused to ride, and on the times I tried the stroller, I became that weird lady who was carrying a baby and pushing an empty stroller. But the second I discuss putting the baby in the stroller, suddenly it's "MY stroller" (her words not mine). You should have seen the spectacle I made last year at the Dogwood Festival pushing an empty stroller and carrying two kids.

I suggest waiting to see if you really need it. You might not. We live in the city and walk to the store pretty frequently, and only recently I decided that H was too heavy to sling every time (I still do it sometimes though).

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Maureen,
I like reading your blog. I love to see pictures of your children and hear how things are going. I thought I should say "hi" as I have been keeping up with you via blog and have not posted.
Nancy Newton (Andy's Mom or Karen's mother-in-law depending on your view point.)

2:00 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Hi Nancy! Thanks for reading. I'm glad you're not bored to death by my life. : )

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home