Saturday, December 02, 2006

a month of no blogging?

So I guess I have sort of taken a month off of blogging just as the National Blog Posting Month is on. It's just an example of how unconnected I am to the world (and the internet world, natch). I realized how unhip I am last week when I heard Michele Norris on All Things Considered say, "If you've been anywhere near the Internet or or a television in the last 24 hours, this next story won't be news to you." She was referring to the Michael Richards heckling incident. What was a little sad was that the very first time I had heard of this was indeed from the venerable NPR hostess. *sigh* I used to know about current culture. Really. Now I just hear about current culture from NPR, which must be the least hip way to learn about anything.

Really, I just needed to take some time and try to deal with my little internet addiction time suck problem. I get on the internet, and time disappears, and soon nothing else in my house is getting done, my kids are being ignored, and I'm no smarter for having learned that K-Fed and Britney are breaking up. So I made an attempt to do more non-internet stuff this month. I did make some progress in dealing with my kitchen clutter, although it isn't gone yet. I did spend more time with my kids, so that's always a good thing. I don't currently have 4 loads of laundry waiting to be put away. So maybe I made progress. I'll dip my toe back into blog world and see if I can control myself. Perhaps the key is a timer...

So maybe I'll just be behind the curve and try to blog more starting now. I'll reevaluate my progress (or lack thereof) at the end of the year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home