Mindless Kid TV
So I've become that mom who lets her kid watch way too much tv just so she can get some stuff done. Part of my problem is being brain-dead, and everything takes way longer to accomplish than it should. Another part is that I am a procrastinator, so I delay important stuff until it all comes crashing down. And the final part is that I volunteer for too much. And I have excessively high standards.
So, I've been working like a dog on the Berkeley Park Neighborhood Association newsletter and website. Actually, my neighbor Jennifer has been working hard on the website while she's on bedrest, but I've been writing text and stuff. But since Jennifer has done such a kick-ass job with the website, I refuse to continue publishing the newsletter in its current format. So I have to update it (see above's excessively high standards). And I have to develop this newsletter site from scratch, because I can't find a site I like to copy. Oh, and my web developing skills are rudimentary at best. So yeah, that's my problem.
So yesterday, I was letting Margaret watch her 2nd Sesame Street of the day, and for once I was in the room with her when it was on. I've seen this episode before, but in bits and pieces. So Elmo and Zoe have to find a healthy white food, and a cow tells them about milk, and how milk is the only food that has Vitamin D put right in there...by the cow. Um...no. Vitamin D is put in the milk at the milk factory. We buy the fortified Vitamin D milk, which means it is FORTIFIED (i.e. not naturally occurring). This isn't that huge an error for good ole' Sesame Street to make (I once watched a Barney that claimed that spiders were insects), but I was sad that it was wrong. Now I guess I'll have to watch Margaret's shows more closely. I already fast forward through the McDonald's commercials. I wonder what those Wiggles are saying to her?



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home