misunderstood quote
So the other day, I was driving behind a newish Volvo V70, which I suppose isn't a terribly expensive car, but it was new. The bumper sticker on the back said:
It is a poverty that a child must die so that you may live as you wish - Mother Teresa
And I didn't get it. Someone driving a new Volvo is telling me that we should be saving dying children somewhere? Shouldn't that person have taken their new car money and sent it to a starving kid?
I happened to be going the same direction as this person for a while, and after SEVERAL miles it occurred to me that it was an anti-abortion quote. I have no idea if that was the context of Mother Teresa's discussion when she said it (although other Google searches of this quote come up with variations including "unborn child" in place of "child"). So, I'm obviously dense.
Carry on with your daily life.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home