Sunday, June 26, 2005

Baby Talk I'll Miss

So I posted this on the Rebel Mamas Coop, but it belongs here, too, since I keep remembering things Margaret says that are very cute.

"Hold you" for pick me up or hold me.
Pretty much I love her habit of referring to herself in the 3rd person instead of the first.
Ma-get = Margaret so we get "Ma-get do it self!" for the ever popular, "I want to do it by myself."
up up = pick me up
baby suit = bathing suit
dee-dahs = crayons (it took me a couple of days to figure this out)
gee-gee = her first word, meaning doggie, although that's been gone for awhile now
back waaard = backyard
mail lady = postal delivery person, truck, or the mail in general
memote = remote
Amma and AaPaw = Grandma and Grandpa
air 'dition = air conditioning
too too twain = train
bid 'uck = big truck
dah = car
baby's milk = whole milk
wee babies = Chik-Fil-A (they have a slide, which used to be called "wee" until she could say slide, and babies play there, so it has become the Wee Babies. Now we all say it).
hange-booger - hamburger
She's lately taken to calling me and dh "Mom" and "Dad," which seems odd, since we refer to ourselves as Mommy and Daddy, I think.
Some of the best ones are what she calls our friends. For "Ed, Mackie and Lewis," she says "Odd, Muckie and Ewis." They all agree that they will miss that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa Muldoon said...

Then there is is the ever popular...

"oh doh" (yogurt, but of course you knew that!)
"da!" (garbage truck)
"ho ho go down cheeny" (santa goes down the chimney, it took us a while to figure that one out, especially because my toddler son started saying it in July)

now that my son is a little older and into playing cops and robbers I hear...
"I'm going to under arrest you!"

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home