I wish I'd taken a picture
Why don't I think of grabbing the camera at perfect moments?
On Monday around 4:30 pm, I let Margaret play by herself in the living room while I amused myself at the computer. Sure, I probably should have noticed that she was playing with my purse, but whatever. So after a few minutes (5? 10?), I look over at her, and she is rubbing lipstick all over the white couch. I look closer, and she has lipstick ALL. OVER. HER. FACE. Well, her lower face. She looked like The Joker if he put his makeup on without his contacts in. So here it was, getting close to dinner time, and although I had chicken in the crock pot, I still had to set the table, make salads, etc., and NOW I also had to get lipstick off my daughter and my couch. I was very irritated, but mostly at myself, since I know not to let her play with my purse...there's just too many fun things in there. The other irritating thing was that she used almost all of the only lipstick I like, Clinique's Moisture Surge Lipstick in Fizzy. They don't seem to make it anymore, so now I have to salvage what I can and see if I can find a similar color somewhere. Sure, I hardly ever wear lipstick, but it was my favorite one.
Really, I wish I'd remembered to get the camera.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home