Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Henry update


Henry is behind on his ped appts., so he had his "4-month" appointment on Monday although he's already 5 months old. He's 14 lbs, 10 oz, 25.5 inches long, which drops him to 25th percentile for weight and 30th for height. The ped made mention of it, but when I mentioned that he was already sitting up, she was surprised and said that now that he's more active, he won't be able to put on the weight as quickly. I obviously grow some skinny little clone children. He did learn to sit up and get a tooth at almost exactly the same age as his sister did. Let's hope he waits longer to crawl, because she was crawling before 7 months, and I really like this stage where he will just sit where I put him.

The ped and I did have a nice chuckle about how I separated out his DTaP shot from the others so as to reduce the possibility of adverse reactions, but it was the other shots (Hib, prevnar, IPV) that caused him the most distress. He didn't seem to have any problems with the DTaP. This round of shots (Hib, et al again) wasn't too bad, although he was a little more grumpy than usual. The most noticeable thing is that he is suddenly waking from naps after only 45 minutes, when he was napping for about 3 straight hours in the afternoons. Yes, I know...he's been doing this since he was 2 months old and it's fantastic. A newborn who takes regular naps! Margaret didn't do that until 8 months old. I can't guarantee that the nap waking is due to the shots, because I think he's also breaking another tooth. At least he's sleeping ok at night. He went to bed late last night because we went out to dinner, woke up briefly at 1 but I was able to pat his back for a minute and he went back to sleep, and then he didn't wake again until around 4. Hooray! I got 3 straight hours of sleep! I should push his bedtime back to 8 or 9 if he can stand it, and then maybe I'd get him to sleep until 4 or 5 every night. Consecutive hours of sleep is my dream!

Here he is in his exersaucer, aka "the farm":

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home