Sunday, June 11, 2006

Rolling over

I am a blogging fool today, probably because the children are in bed and so is Wes, so I can get caught up. I should be doing something more constructive, but whatever.

Henry finally figured out today how to roll over from back to front! He's been doing the front to back thing for awhile, since he sleeps on his tummy (I know!) and has thus developed some pretty good head control and arm muscles. But for the past several weeks he's been trying to roll from back to front by swinging his legs from side to side, and today he did it. Margaret and I were reading a book and Henry was on his back under the playgym. I saw him swing his legs over, and throw his shoulder so he was lying on his side. I looked away, and looked back just in time to see him roll up on his belly. Margaret and I cheered him on and gave him kisses, but he didn't do it again. He did enjoy the cheering though!

Maybe now when he wakes up and rolls onto his back, he'll roll back to his front instead of shrieking like a madman to get back to his tummy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home