Wednesday, July 12, 2006

room sharing

We're thinking of moving Henry into a crib in Margaret's room, since she's been saying she's lonely at night and wanted him to sleep in her room. Our bedroom is so small that it makes more sense to move someone out than to move another person in. I have no idea how that will work, since he still wakes up a lot at night, but at least M is a heavy sleeper. Anyone else have babies sharing rooms with toddlers? I know my brother and I did at the same age, so surely it can be done. We'll keep the spare bed in there for me, and I'm sure I'll need to use it a lot.

And yes, this means that Margaret has finally started sleeping in her big girl bed (it's actually a toddler bed, but it's not a crib). She even said today, without provocation, that she was done sleeping in the crib, and that Henry could sleep in it! But, last night was the first night in her big girl bed/room, and she didn't fall asleep until 11, and only then because I slept in the spare bed in that room with her in the toddler bed next to me. That will not work long term. I need me some mommy and daddy alone time at night, even if all we ever do is watch the Daily Show on the TiVo. We're in uncharted territory here lately.

How did my parents do it? I know I never slept in my parents' bed unless my dad was out of town, and I don't remember my mom ever sleeping with me, so how did they manage this "I don't want to sleep by myself" thing? I guess having my brother in the room with me helped. Maybe I should ask my mom.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're moving the littles into a room together as soon as we can, man. That's half the reason I want another one!

But I don't have any advice on how to make it happen. I kind of just assume they'll be ok in there.

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home