Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Watch Veronica Mars

Seriously. I've only just started watching Veronica Mars, but it's charming, and witty, and keeps me on the edge of my seat. It almost always surprises me. Naturally, it will be cancelled, since I'm watching it during its first season. I'm the kiss of death for new shows. Of course, Lost seems to be doing well, as is Desperate Housewives, but my legacy is long and storied. Battlestar Galactica (OK, that lasted 2 seasons), Misfits of Science, Max Headroom, Firefly, Wonderfalls. OK, maybe my problem is that sci-fi/fantasy tv isn't popular with the masses, but I do love it. But Veronica Mars isn't sci-fi or fantasy, so watch it!! Tuesdays, 9 pm, UPN.

Margaret still becomes cuter daily. Today she said television. I swear. It sounded a lot like "te-bison" but it was while pointing to the tv. And she said "bokki" for broccoli, "teeth" and when she picked up the girl from the "Wheels on the Bus" toy, she said "gigur" for "giggle" which is what the girl on the bus says (according to the song). There really isn't anything cuter than when we leave anywhere there were kids and she says "Bye bye babiz. Bye bye. Bye bye babiz." Toward the end of the string of bye-byes, there is often a little catch in her voice and a sadness, as if she is leaving her best friends and not just the kids in the church nursery who she will most likely see in a week.

Why aren't all babies born at age one? I almost dread her learning to say her name and talk for real, because the learning to talk stage is soooo cute. I'm a mess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home