Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Margaret funny

So last night, we went to the Roman Lily for dinner (the infamous Tuesday Night Dinner). I had requested to eat somewhere that was donating some money to the Tsunami fund (http://www.dineoutfortsunamirelief.com/) and Ed chose the Roman Lily. Since I work two doors down every Friday (at the Mission Motif), I am friendly with several of the staff. They seemed happy to see Margaret, who used to come to work with me, until she started walking and became too miserable for me to subject her to that.

During the dinner, Margaret became obsessed with a guy behind the counter who I didn't know. He was wearing a trucker-styled hat, and she kept gesturing toward him and touching her head. Eventually, we started referring to him as "hat guy." Eventually, Wes took her up to the counter to talk to hat guy and the owner, Calavino. Soon, Margaret started to say "hat guy," only it sounded a bit more like "datga." Still, hilarious.

For the record, dinner was delicious. I had the spinach pie and Margaret ate a whole bowl of mashed sweet potatoes. Others there were Ed, Anne, Skiba, Steve, David, Debbie, Lewis, Leigh and Alex. Good times. And the waiter (Scott?) got Margaret a Clifford toy to play with.

Then, we went a couple of doors down to Jake's for ice cream, and the guy behind the counter there was wearing a baseball cap, and Margaret pointed to him and said "datga." So she knows. Too funny.

Other cute things...learning to eat with a spoon, saying "up" to get picked up, her new love for her Elmo doll, calling everyone under 21 "baby." The use of "baby" like "smurf" since it also means herself, milk, anything belonging to her or other kids.

She's currently feeding cheerios to OD in order to get my attention, I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home