Monday, October 18, 2004

Consumerism gone awry

I think it's a symptom of not having so much disposable income, but I was recently obsessed with owning a poncho. They were everywhere in the new fall clothing lines, and they just looked very cute. Of course, I have no real disposable income since I had this baby. But, I devised this creative thought process that involved justifying the poncho as a mommy item. See, if I carry Margaret in a sling, a bulky coat is hard to manage, so a poncho that would fit over both of us would be perfect. Until this weekend, I was safe, because all the ponchos I saw had very small neckholes that Margaret would not be able to look out of. And, of course, I cannot buy full-priced clothing. Alas, Old Navy had the wide-necked poncho on sale. But, it was only $5 off, so it was a lame sale. Still, it fit my arbitrary criteria, so I was forced to charge it to my already overburdened credit card. Damn this consumer culture!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home