Friday, March 03, 2006

Trading Spaces

I'm often sitting in a chair nursing a baby lately, and this week I've also caught a cold, so I've been even less anxious to leave my chair; therefore, I've been watching daytime tv. Home improvement shows seem to be the acceptable alternative to anything I've TiVo-ed when Margaret is around, so by default I've watched a lot of Trading Spaces. I've come to the conclusion that any room you get from that experience will have to be fixed up, because with the short time frame, the workmanship must be terrible! I watched an ep this week in which they were not permitted to use electricity (i.e. sewing machines, etc.) so they ended up "sewing" things with ribbons (not terrible since I think the pilow stuffers were pre-sewn) and Stitch-witchery (gah!). Plus, Hildi's wacky ideas are often unworkable in any long-term setting - this time she used paintballs and paintball guns to shoot paint on the walls, but the oily paint wouldn't dry. So I imagine that anyone who agrees to be on this show must budget some time and money to fix whatever falls apart after the cameras leave, because it's gotta happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home