the home stretch
So today is officially 2 weeks from my due date (3 weeks from the midwife's interpretation of my due date). So I'm taking a break from packing my hospital bag to a) look up some ideas of what the heck to put in there and b) do something else. Margaret has been asleep for 3 hours, so I keep expecting her to wake up any second now, so while I should be doing something productive, I'm not.
Wes has strep throat, so now I'm paranoid that we'll all get it. Just what I need: a sick toddler staying home from school just as I'm preparing for labor that could come any time. Plus if I get sick, I'm less likely to complete even one project. I guess it's a perfect ending to the 3rd trimester of sick.
I did paint the first coat of yellow on the 2 main walls of our bedroom yesterday. Naturally, it took me longer to clean the paintstick and brush than it did to actually paint anything. That's the nature of painting, I suppose. When I was pregnant with Margaret, I wouldn't paint or do anything with chemical whatever, but now I guess I'm over that. I hope this second baby doesn't mind being less brilliant than his/her older sister. Sorry kid. I hope your brain is still operational after all the crap I've eaten and the paint I've inhaled.
For your amusement, here is a brief list of things I'd like to get done this week:
finalize birth plan (no problem...the doula is visiting tomorrow so she can assist here)
start on taxes (I'd really like for that refund check to show up around the same time as the hospital bill)
figure out a plan for Margaret for when I go into labor (something more specific than 'stay with grandparents')
finish painting our bedroom
finish painting the hallway
move the bookcase out of the room that should already be Margaret's but isn't (obviously, this will require muscles I don't have, so it will have to wait until Wes is better)
buy a gift for the 2-year-old birthday party we're going to on Saturday
I actually think I can do all this by Sunday, which means either that I'm insane and deluded or that I'm nesting and have had too much caffeine today. Take your pick.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home