Thanksgiving
We had a good Thanksgiving. Wes' parents came over as well as David, Margaret's godfather. I actually prepared for the cooking by making a list of what needed to be done, how long it would take and then listing it by time to do it. We planned to eat at 3 and actually ate at 3:03, so I was actually successful in getting everything on the table on time. Of course, I didn't have to try to cook a turkey, since we opted for Honey Baked Ham, thanks to Wes' mom for her financial contribution. Other sides were canned cranberry sauce, pickled beets, mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, bread, green bean casserole. I also made two pies, pumpkin and chocolate silk. I was making the pumpkin pie with the old pumpkin I bought Margaret for halloween, so I wasn't sure how it would turn out (new recipe, etc.). So I made the chocolate silk pie too because it was a proven recipe. But in comparison to the pumpkin, the chocolate silk wasn't as good. I need to keep track of that pumpkin pie recipe because it was goooood.
I also attempted a breadmaker version of my great-grandmother's nut bread, and I learned an important lesson...use fresh nuts. I used some pecans that had been sitting in my cupboard forever, and while the bread part is good, the nuts are pretty bitter. Note to self.
This weekend is declutter-a-rama. I need to get moving on getting this stuff out of here so we have room for a baby.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home