Thursday, November 17, 2005

chiropractors

So, I went to a chiropractor yesterday to try to get the baby in a good position for birth (step 1: head goes down - Margaret had some trouble with that one). The chiro tells me that she's going to concentrate primarily on getting my pelvis in line with my sacrum to make room for the baby to be head down and anterior (facing my back) the way that it's supposed to happen. But, she also mentions that because my spinal nerves will react to the adjustments, I might feel some relief in other areas too, like with digestive or sinus trouble. No guarantees, just a nice side effect if it happens. Which would be nice since I felt like complete poop on Tuesday because my sinuses were so swollen and my head hurt. So after the adjustment yesterday morning, I talked to Debbie on the phone and she even mentioned how stuffy I sounded. But by bedtime, I was lying down BREATHING THROUGH MY NOSE! Both nostrils even! Coincidence? Could be. I'm not ready to sign onto the chiropractic wagon of total health, but gosh I feel great. I still have some congestion and some sinus drainage, but I can actually move air through both nostrils. It's like a miracle. Again, could be a coincidence, but I sure feel better.

Now we'll have to see what position the baby chooses once he/she stops doing all these somersaults.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

I just started the 3rd trimester...I think I'm starting the 28th week? My due date is Feb. 8 or 15, depending on who you ask. Now that I don't spend all day on the couch, it's going REALLY fast!

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home