Why I haven't strangled her
There are days I could strangle Margaret. But then she switches gears so fast and does something so sweet, cute or funny that I remember why I love being her mom (even though I apparently don't sell motherhood very well). On Monday, out of the blue, she asked me to pick her up, and she said, "Margaret loves Mommy." I melted. She's said it before, but only when reading her Elmo Loves You book. This was spontaneous and unprompted. It was adorable.
Then this morning, she asked for Daddy as soon as she woke up (as she always does lately...he's become the favorite parent now). When I said that Daddy was at work, she said knowingly, "with his coffee." She definitely knows her daddy!
Later, when we were eating breakfast, she asked where OD was, since Lucy was sitting under the table in her normal mealtime fashion. OD was asleep in the bedroom. Margaret said, "Go get him, make him sit under the table!" I guess she likes for everyone to be in their place, even when that place is somewhat annoying.
Then, after I struggled to get her to put on a diaper, she crawled into my lap and said, "Mommy is Margaret's best friend." This is why I don't strangle her. What a sweetie!!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home