Happy New Year
It's extraordinarily cold today. OK, it's in the 20s, but for here that's pretty cold. I don't like it. it makes me stay indoors and not do anything, but then we all get stir crazy and whiny, and I don't like that either. Yet another reason why I would have made a terrible pioneer.
I dyed my hair a pinky-purple the other day. I used a 7-10 day dye, and did a sloppy job of application, so it's pretty streaky and uneven, which could just enhance the punk rockness of it. Or, it just looks like I very sloppily dyed my hair a ridiculous color. Still, I like it. I doubt it would go over well at the suburban elementary schools where I sub, though, so it will be gone by the time I get another job there.
Henry has learned to say "gross" only it comes out as "gose." He was looking at my hair last night and said, "mom. gose." Thanks, kid.
Having Wes home for 12 days was awesome. Luckily, I've figured out how to get Henry to sleep in the afternoons, so my main fear about Wes going back to work has been assuaged.
I don't have too many resolutions for the year, mostly because I stink at keeping resolutions. But I am putting us on a no-sugar-for-a-month diet because we all overdosed on sweets during December. My kids get so whiny when they eat too much sugar, so I'm hoping for a less-whiny January.
I should blog more, at least because this seems to be the only true documentation of my kids' lives, since I can't scrapbook anything. I always say I will be more organized, but I never do. Really the computer sucks up more of my time that could be devoted to organizing, so maybe my resolution should be to blog less.
Maybe my main resolution will be to just keep trying to grow and improve. If there are no specific goals to meet, there won't be anything to fail at, right? Woo hoo!!!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home