Weepy girl
Margaret was especially weepy today...everything sent her into a puddle of tears. At one point she wanted to snuggle with me on the couch, but without Henry. Naturally, Henry wasn't inclined at that moment to amuse himself in his bouncy seat, so I kept having to pick him up, which sent M. into more tears. Wes got home late, too, so he arrived as I was getting M. ready for bed, she was crying again for some reason, and Henry was crying. He saved the day by bouncing Henry and snuggling Margaret for a few minutes. How do single moms or women with husbands who don't help do it? I'm barely hanging on some days, and I have SuperDad in my corner!
I do feel sorry for Margaret, though. Her whole world has been rocked and I think the novelty is starting to wear off.
We had playgroup today with the old crowd for the first time in months. I think I freaked them out when I mentioned my drug-free VBAC (one of them is having a c-section soon, so the possibility of VBAC came up). I really don't think I'm all that because of it (my labor was MUCH easier than others I've talked to), and I completely support her choice to have the repeat c, but I don't know if it came across that way. I always worry whether my true intentions come across to people or if I seem like a smug bitch. There are times when I don't mind being the smug bitch, but playgroup is certainly not one of them *sigh*



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home